The 1Home Box is a simple-to-use device allowing you to connect your Smart Home to Voice assistants without the need for dynamic DNS setup, fixed IP or port forwarding required. It enables the connection to your smart home server to be established locally and stores the credentials on the device. Once you set it up (finish with the step 1), you can controll it through the 1Home Dashboard.
Let's start with the first step.
Step 1: Instructions for setting-up the 1Home Box device
The setup process is simple and should take about 5 minutes to finish. In order to successfully set-up and configure the 1Home Box you will need the following parts.
What you will need for the 1Home Box device:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Micro SD Card (min 4 GB, max 32GB)
- Network and USB power cables
Setting up the Raspberry Pi
1. Register and download the Raspberry Pi Image
2. Copy the image to SD card using Etcher (https://etcher.io/).
3. Insert the card to Raspberry Pi, connect Raspberry Pi to network (with an ethernet cable from the Raspberry to your router) and power.
4. Initial boot will take between 5-10 min, depending on your network speed, to update the device with the latest software.
5. To configure the device visit the Voxior Dashboard at https://my.1home.io/pair and follow the next video.
Configuring 1Home Box device
To learn how to configure the 1Home Box device in our dashboard, watch the video below.
Step 2: Configuring the Dashboard, Smart Assistants and setting up other products
- Learn more about the Voxior App dashboard and how to configure devices
- How to set-up Alexa
- Quick Start Video for the Google Assistant/Google Home
- Apple HomeKit Integration Beta
- Find out how to set-up Remote Access
- 1Home Box on our website