VoxiorLink is a simple-to-use device allowing you and your clients to connect their Smart Homes to Voice Assistants without any modifications to their network configuration. VoxiorLink eliminates the need for dynamic DNS setup, fixed IP or port forwarding and stores the home server connection details locally. It allows the installer / system integrator to prepare everything for their client without the need for an on-site visit. VoxiorLink will also serve as an enabler for the Remote Access product & IoT connectivity.
The onboarding process consists of three parts:
- setting-up the VoxiorLink device,
- configuring the Voxior Installer Dashboard
- setting up the smart assistant or setting up remote access.
How to assemble the VoxiorLink device
The setup process is simple and should take about 5-10 minutes to finish. In order to successfully set-up and configure Voxior Link you will need the following parts.
What you will need for the VoxiorLink device:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Micro SD Card (min 4 GB)
- Network and USB power cables
During the first step you should assemble the Raspberry Pi, then follow the steps for setting it up. If you would like to acquire a preassembled device, you can order it on the VoxiorLink product page.
Step 1: Setting up the Raspberry Pi
- Register and Download the Raspberry Pi Image
- Flash the SD image to the SD card using etcher.io
- Put SD card in the Raspberry Pi,
- Connect to network (with an ethernet cable from the Raspberry to your router) and power
- Wait for 5-10 min for the first update. Note that you can of course also prepare multiple devices in parallel and stock them until a new customer comes.
Step 2: How to configure VoxiorLink - Voxior Installer Dashboard instructions
- If you're configuring the VoxiorLink device at the clients home please follow this article with Instructions for the Voxior Installer Dashboard
- If your configuring the VoxiorLink device remotely or would like to prepare it without the need for an on-site visit, follow this article with instructions on preparing the VoxiorLink device to be sent to your clients