1Home Remote Access removes the need for port forwarding or externally accessible IPs, without making any changes to your network router and eliminates ISP and IPv6 related issues. With Remote Access your installer can configure your Smart Home even when you’re not at home without the need for an installer to come over to your house.
For KNX users it enables remote ETS programming
For Loxone users it enables remote smart home device control.
Setting up the 1Home Remote Access is a three-step process.
Set-up the 1Home Box/Bridge device
Configure your gateway, so your Smart home will be set up properly
Configure the Remote Access in the 1Home Dashboard and enable it
If you already have a 1Home device set-up and configured, you can proceed straight to step 3 - enabling Remote Access.
Step 1: Instructions for setting-up 1Home Box or Bridge
During our second step, we will take a look at the 1Home Dashboard and how you can configure your Smart home correctly depending on which Smart home you own.
STEP 2: Configuring your Smart home/Gateway correctly
If you already have your smart home configured, you can skip straight to step 3.
Step 3: Configure and enable Remote Access in the 1Home Dashboard
Now we will set-up the Remote Access functionality in the 1Home Web-interface. This way the installer will be able to connect to your smart home remotely.
Please follow these steps:
1. Login or register at https://my.1home.io
2. Click the “Remote Access” Tab
3. At the bottom of the page you will find your 1Home device already selected, if not choose it manually from the dropdown menu.
4. Click “Configure” to set-up the remote access for your Smart Home and wait a few seconds.
5. Now depending on what you wish to accomplish, select the drop-down menu, next to the Description “Allow installers/owners to connect to your KNX/Loxone smart home remotely”.
6. Please select "Quick Configuration" and then “Save Configuration” to complete the process, do not forget this step, or you will have to re-do the previous step.
7. Now a generated link will be shown. Note: Click on the eye icon to see the link.
8. For KNX remote access you have to copy the Remote Access link to corresponding fields (see image below) and it is also important that you have "Connect using NAT mode" checked.
If you have filled everything correctly you should be able to connect to your KNX bus. Please be aware that remote access will be automatic disabled after 12 hours.
Now you can start using remote access by opening the stored link in your browser and logging in with your username and password or share the link with your installer.
Do you have any questions or suggestions?
Our support team is happy to help via Chat (blue button in the bottom right corner).