1Home Remote access removes the need for port forwarding or externally accessible IPs, without making any changes to your network router and eliminates ISP and IPv6 rekated issues. With Remote Access you can control your Smart Home even when you’re not at home, for example with your mobile application.
Setting up the 1Home Remote Access is a two step process.
- During our first step we will set-up the 1Home Box/Voxior Link device
- In the second step we will configure the Remote Access in the 1Home Dashboard and enable it
If you already have a 1Home Box device set-up and configured, you can proceed straight to the step 2 - enabling Remote Access.
Step 1: Instructions for setting-up 1Home Box
Please follow the Quick-Start Instructions for 1HomeBox with instructions on assembling and configuring the device.
During our second step we will take a look at the 1Home Dashboard.
Step 2: Configure and enable Remote Access in the 1Home Dashboard
Now we will set-up the Remote Access functionality in the 1Home App. This way you will be able to connect with your mobile app to your Smart Home remotely.
Please follow these steps:
1. Login or register at https://my.1home.io
2. Click the “Remote Access” Tab
3. Under “Active connections” select your VoxiorLink device
4. Click “Configure” to set-up the remote access for your Smart Home
5. Click the drop-down menu, next to the Description “Allow owners to connect to the Smart Home mobile app remotely”.
6. You will be presented with 3 options: Disabled, Using VPN Connection, Without VPN Connection
If you decide to use the VPN Connection, please follow the instructions for setting it up for specific types of devices:
- Instructions for iOS
- Instructions for macOS
- Instructions for Android
- Instructions for Windows 7 & Windows 10
7. Click “Save Configuration”
8. If you selected the previous dialog the “Without VPN Connection” option a new textbox with a generated link will be shown. Note: Click on the eye icon to see the link.
Now you can start using remote access by opening the stored link in your browser and logging in with your username and password.
You can also use Remote Access in the mobile app:
1. Open the mobile app
2. Enter the stored link into the IP-Address/Hostname field
3. Login with your credentials
You can now access your home from anywhere without port forwarding!