- Welcome to the 1Home Help Center. You are on the page dedicated to Amazon Alexa. If you would like to know more about other available Voice Assistants please visit 1Home Voice. For different gateways visit Supported Gateways.
1. 1Home - Frequently asked questions
What does 1Home Voice Control do?
1Home allows you to connect your favourite Smart Assistants:
- Amazon Alexa,
- Google Assistant and
- Apple Siri (in Beta),
with your Smart Home:
- Gira X1 & HomeServer,
- Loxone Miniserver,
- Theben LUXORLiving IP1,
- Divus KNX server,
- Weinzierl BAOS 777,
- IPAS HCC,
- as well as any KNX IP interface.
How can I start with Voice Control?
You can try out Voice control free of charge instantly:
- Start your free trial in the 1Home App,
- Connect with your Smart Home,
- Rename and enable/disable devices,
- Set-up your Smart Assistant.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to start using Voice Control.
Can I, as a less technical user, do the setup myself?
Of course! 1Home is simple to use and fast to set-up. Setting it up is as simple as copying text from your Smart Home mobile app to our 1Home App and clicking Save. 1Home takes care of the rest.
2. 1Home and Amazon Alexa - Frequently asked questions
What are the Smart Home commands I can use with Alexa?
You can find a comprehensive list of commands for lights, blinds, switches and thermostats in our 1Home Cloud and 1Home Box Help section.
Here is a short list of commands available per device type:
- Alexa, turn on dining room light.
- Alexa, turn off dining room light.
- Alexa, dim dining room light.
- Alexa, brighten dining room light.
- Alexa, increase dining room light by 10 percent.
- Alexa, decrease dining room light by 10 percent.
- Alexa, set living dining light to 50 percent.
You can also change the color of a light (RGB) or set a different shade of white:
- Alexa, set bedroom light to purple.
- Alexa, make dining room light warm white.
The shade of white can be:
- warm, warm white,
- incandescent, soft white,
- daylight, daylight white,
- cool, cool white.
Availability of the dimming commands is dependant on whether the light supports dimming or not.
- Alexa, turn on wellness floor heating.
- Alexa, turn off wellness floor heating.
- Alexa, turn on romantic mode.
- Alexa, turn off romantic mode.
- Alexa, set the wellness thermostat to 23 degrees.
- Alexa, increase wellness thermostat temperature by 2 degrees.
- Alexa, decrease wellness thermostat temperature by 3 degrees.
- Alexa, make kitchen thermostat warmer/cooler.
- Alexa, what is the temperature inside?
- Alexa, what is the kitchen thermostat set to?
- Alexa, work room blinds up.
- Alexa, work room blinds down.
- Alexa, set work room blinds to 50 percent.
- Alexa, increase work room blinds by 10 percent.
- Alexa, decrease work room blinds by 10 percent.
Availability of the positional commands is dependent on whether the blind supports positional settings.
Some of the users mentioned, they would like to change the way the ON/OFF commands work for the blinds. Currently your blinds will open, when you say "Alexa, <blind> up" and close when you say "Alexa, <blind> down". You can click “Invert Open/Close commands” to change this behavior.
To create an even simpler voice command, you can create an Alexa Routine. Routines help you create easier to remember voice commands and give you the ability to automate how your Echo and Smart Home devices work together.
To create a new routine, open your Alexa mobile app:
1. Go to the side menu by pressing the three bars in the upper left corner
2. Select Routines
3. Select Create Routine or the Plus (+) Icon in the top right corner
4. Select When this happens, to create a trigger and choose how to trigger the routine
5. Select Add Action, choose a device to control and what action it completes.
To learn more and watch a video, click here.
What Amazon Alexa devices will work with 1Home?
Any Amazon Alexa compatible device will do. You can use Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Show, Tap, Fire TV with Voice Remote or any Alexa supporting device like for example Sonos One or Samsung Family Hub Fridge.
Can I use 1Home also with my phone or computer?
Sure! Use the Amazon Alexa app for iOS and Android. You can now tap the Alexa button in the app and use your voice to ask Alexa to control your smart home, play music, answer questions or check weather.
How do I configure Alexa?
Alexa is set up using a free app available in Apple App Store, Google Play or Amazon Appstore. You can also go to https://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi enabled computer.
How do I install the 1Home skill on Amazon Echo?
To enable a skill in the Alexa app, select Skills from the Menu. Use the search bar and enter 1Home. Select Enable Skill to install 1Home. You can also say "Alexa, enable 1Home” to install the skill using voice. You will still need to perform account linking and discover devices using your Alexa app.
I connected 1Home with my smart home gateway and I can see the devices in the 1Home dashboard but I do not see them in the Alexa app. What can I do?
You can simply say to Alexa: "Alexa, discover devices." or open the Alexa app and perform the device discovery process. We suggest forgetting the devices before starting the discovery process to clear up any disabled devices.
Device was renamed in 1Home dashboard but I still see the old name in Alexa app. How can I change the name of the device in the Alexa app?
Open the Alexa app and click on the Forget all devices button. When finished perform the device discovery process or say "Alexa, discover devices."
I disabled the device in 1Home but I still see it in Amazon Alexa app as offline.
Open the Alexa app and click on the Forget all devices button. When finished, perform the device discovery process or say "Alexa, discover devices."
Alexa does not understand my commands. What can I do?
You can follow the Amazon provided instructions to improve voice recognition.
I need help with setting an Alexa device. Where can I find more information?
You can find more information about setting-up the Alexa device at Amazon. Alternatively you can also contact our support via email firstname.lastname@example.org, via Chat (blue button in the bottom right) or book a Support call.
Can I use more than one Smart Assistant type with 1Home? Google Home or Apple Siri together with Alexa?
Of course you can! Please read our Article about Linking Google Home and Amazon Alexa in 1Home for a step by step guide.
Find out more about 1Home Voice Control on our website.