Video to help you set up the Loxone Miniserver, 1Home and Alexa, Google Home or Siri / HomeKit in a matter of minutes.
In just two steps you can set-up your Loxone Smart Home with 1Home Voice Control and the Voice Assistants Google Assistant (Google Home), Amazon Alexa and Apple Siri/HomeKit.
Step 1 – Login to 1Home Configuration Dashboard and configure your smart home devices.
- Open the 1Home Dashboard at https://my.1home.io/login
2. Login to 1Home with your Amazon or Google Account:
- Alexa Users: Use the same Amazon account you use for your Alexa device. If you don’t own an Amazon account yet simply create a new one on www.amazon.com
- Google Assistant Users: Use the same Google account you use for your Google Assistant device
- Apple HomeKit / Siri Users: can user either, a Google account or an Amazon account
3. Select a gateway for your smart home by pressing the “Add Gateway” button and selecting Loxone:
4. Enter the credentials to your Loxone Smart Home Gateway. You should use the same settings as you are using to access your Home server in the Loxone mobile application:
- Open your Loxone mobile application.
- Click on location icon in the upper left corner.
- Select your gateway configuration and press the info button.
Please enter the credentials into the Gateways section in the 1Home dashboard:
You can use both: start voice control instantly by entering the required information (hostname/IP, port, ...) or if you want to skip port forwarding, use 1Home Box.
- Loxone Cloud DNS: Users can use the Loxone DNS service, which lets them access their network externally. In order to use this option, please follow the Loxone DNS setup instructions.
- 1Home Box removes the need for dynamic DNS setup, fixed IP or port forwarding. Please follow the setup instructions for the 1Home Voice Box or learn more about 1Home Box on our website.
Hostname/IP: Please enter an external IP like 67.166.XXX.XXX or hostname like mustermann.dyndns.com. Please do not enter internal network IP addresses like 192.168.X.X, 172.X.X.X, or 10.X.X.X. Also, please do not enter the http:// as part of the address and note that you need to enter the port number in a separate field.
Port: You can find the port in your mobile application. Example: the port 80 will appear after the colon: mustermann.dyndns.com:80. Please enter a Https port, like 443.
Username and Password: Please enter the username and password for your Smart Home Server. When entering your username or password be careful when to use uppercase/lowercase letters, special characters and please check whether there are any trailing spaces behind your username & password.
5. Press Save to import all devices.
6. Click on the Devices tab to manage the devices. The changes are saved automatically.
- To enable or disable the device press the checkbox next to the device
- To rename the device click on a name and rename it.
- To see the commands to invoke, please hover over the “Turn on”, “Turn off”, “Set percentage” and other labels
- To view all Devices instructions, press the "Instructions" button in the sidebar to the left.
Step 2: Smart Assistant setup
Now it's time to set-up your favorite Smart Assistant:
- Quick Start Video for the Google Assistant
- Quick Start Video for Amazon Alexa
- Quick Start Video for Siri/HomeKit