Connect Google Home to your Loxone or KNX smart home:
The onboarding will guide you to open the Google Home App to connect the 1Home Action:
- Open the Google Home App
- Select the side menu by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner
- Tap the “Home Control” Tab
- From the “Device” tab on the Home control screen, tap the blue + button in the bottom-right corner
- Scroll down and select "1Home for KNX and Loxone"
- Enter your username and password and click "Sign in with Google"
- If you don’t see any changes: refresh the Add Devices Tab by swiping down / go back and refresh your Home Control tab
- Now you can assign a room to each device. Select the Rooms tab, so you can assign multiple Devices to a specific room. Don’t forget to tap the “Done” button at the top of the screen to save your changes.
I don't have a Google Home smart speaker, but would still like to try voice control.
The smart speaker such as the Google Home speaker isn't necessary, but it has a slightly better voice recognition software and is more handy. You can use it via a smartphone or tablet, as long as you have the Home app installed.
Do you have any questions or suggestions?