A prerequisite to setting up remote access is a 1Home Box device and at least one configured gateway for which you want to enable remote access. To do this please follow these instructions.
After 1Home Box device is set up a new tab named 'Remote Access' appears in the navigation bar. To enable Remote Access click on the toggle button next to the user you would like to set up Remote Access for.
'My access' configures access of the owner of the smart home while 'Installer access' configures access of the professional installer of your smart home.
When enabling a user for the first time the user is asked to enter a password used to protect the security certificates. You need to remember this password as 1Home does not store it and it's required whenever VPN certificate is imported to a new phone or computer. You can also reset the password by clicking on the 'Edit password' button. An email with certificates will be sent out automatically to the respective user. To send the certificates to a specific email click on the 'Send to' button and specify the email you would like to send the instructions and certificates to.
To set up Windows 7/10 VPN Client follow these steps:
- Download .p12 and .cer file, attached to the email sent from 1Home.
- Double-click the .p12 file to open the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Choose "Current User" and click "Next".
- Check the file path, and click "Next" again.
- Enter the password for the client certificate you entered when enabling Remote Access for this user. The default import options are fine. Please keep the "Include all extended properties" ticked)
- Choose "Automatically select the certificate store..." and click Next (Personal certificate store).
- Click Finish.
- Open the "Manage computer certificates" control panel (use the search from the Windows menu)
- Right-click on "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" in the tree, and choose All Tasks > Import…
- The Store Location will be "Local Machine". If not you need to exit out of the app and make sure you are in the computer certificates control panel, not the user certificates. Click Next.
- Browse for VoxiorCA.cer. Click Next.
- The certificate store option will be the specific store, "Trusted Root Certification Authoritities". Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Open the "Change virtual private networks (VPN)" control panel.
- Click the "Add a VPN connection" button
- VPN provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: Enter "1Home VPN"
- Server name or address: vpn.voxior.com
- VPN type: IKEv2
- Type of sign-in info: Certificate
- User name and Password should be blank
- Click "Save"
- To connect to the VPN simply click on the VPN connection.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up 1Home VPN on your Window 7/10 device.