What you need for setting up Remote Access:
- 1Home Box or 1Home Bridge device
- Remote Access license
- at least one configured gateway for which you want to enable Remote Access
How to set up VPN Remote Access for Windows
After the 1Home Box or Bridge device is set up and a gateway is established, a new menu tab will appear: Remote Access.
"My access" configures access of the owner of the smart home & "Installer access" configures access of the installer of your smart home.
When enabling a user for the first time, you'll be asked to enter a password used to protect the security certificates. Please remember this password as 1Home doesn't store it and it's required whenever VPN certificate is imported to a new phone or computer. You can also reset the password by clicking on the 'Edit password' button.
An email with certificates will be sent out automatically to the respective user. To send the certificates to a specific email click on the 'Send to' button and specify the email you would like to send the instructions and certificates to.
Set up Windows 7, 10 VPN Client:
- Download .p12 and .cer file, attached to the email sent from 1Home.
- Double-click the .p12 file to open the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Choose "Current User" and click "Next". Check the file path, and click "Next" again.
- Enter the password for the client certificate you entered when enabling Remote Access for this user. The default import options are fine. Please keep the "Include all extended properties" ticked)
- Choose "Automatically select the certificate store..." and click Next (Personal certificate store), then click Finish.
- Open the "Manage computer certificates" control panel (use the search from the Windows menu)
- Right-click on "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" in the tree, and choose All Tasks > Import…
- The Store Location will be "Local Machine". If not you need to exit out of the app and make sure you are in the computer certificates control panel, not the user certificates. Click Next.
- Browse for VoxiorCA.cer. Click Next.
- The certificate store option will be the specific store, "Trusted Root Certification Authoritities". Click Next and then click Finish.
- Open the "Change virtual private networks (VPN)" control panel and click the "Add a VPN connection" button
VPN provider: Windows (built-in)
Connection name: Enter "1Home VPN"
Server name or address: vpn.voxior.com
VPN type: IKEv2
Type of sign-in info: Certificate
User name and Password should be blank
- Click "Save"
- To connect to the VPN simply click on the VPN connection.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up 1Home VPN on your Window 7/10 device.
Do you have any questions?
Our support team will be happy to answer them at email@example.com.