What you need for setting up Remote Access:
- 1Home Box or 1Home Bridge device
- Remote Access license
- at least one configured gateway for which you want to enable Remote Access
How to set up VPN Remote Access for iOS
After the 1Home Box or Bridge device is set up and a gateway is established, a new menu tab will appear: Remote Access.
"My access" configures access of the owner of the smart home & "Installer access" configures access of the installer of your smart home.
When enabling a user for the first time, you'll be asked to enter a password used to protect the security certificates. Please remember this password as 1Home doesn't store it and it's required whenever VPN certificate is imported to a new phone or computer. You can also reset the password by clicking on the 'Edit password' button.
An email with certificates will be sent out automatically to the respective user. To send the certificates to a specific email click on the 'Send to' button and specify the email you would like to send the instructions and certificates to.
Set up iOS VPN Client
- Click on .mobileconfig file attached to the received email. This file includes both certificates (user and ca certificate) and a VPN On Demand configuration.
- You will be redirected to Install Profile page, click "Install" in the upper right corner.
- Enter the password for the client certificate you entered when enabling Remote Access for this user, again click "Install".
- To use VPN connection simply go to provided 1Home remote link and VPN will be automatically established using VPN On Demand configuration.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up 1Home VPN on your iOS device, feel free to connect remotely.
Do you have any questions?
Our support team will be happy to answer them at firstname.lastname@example.org.