A prerequisite to setting up remote access is a VoxiorLink device and at least one configured gateway for which you want to enable remote access. To do this please follow these instructions.
After VoxiorLink device is set up a new tab named 'Remote Access' appears in the navigation bar. To enable Remote Access click on the toggle button next to the user you would like to set up Remote Access for.
'My access' configures access of the owner of the smart home while 'Installer access' configures access of the professional installer of your smart home.
When enabling a user for the first time the user is asked to enter a password used to protect the security certificates. You need to remember this password as Voxior does not store it and it's required whenever VPN certificate is imported to a new phone or computer. You can also reset the password by clicking on the 'Edit password' button. An email with certificates will be sent out automatically to the respective user. To send the certificates to a specific email click on the 'Send to' button and specify the email you would like to send the instructions and certificates to.
To set up Android strongSwan VPN Client follow these steps:
- Download .sswan file attached to received email.
- Open Google Play Store and install strongSwan VPN Client.
- Click "..." in the navigation bar and select "Import VPN profile".
- This will open your downloads and select previously downloaded .sswan file.
- Click "IMPORT CERTIFICATE FROM VPN PROFILE" and enter its password, which you have chosen inside Voxior dashboard.
- Select the imported certificate and click "Allow".
- Click "IMPORT" in the navigation bar.
- Then select user certificate you have previously installed and click "Allow".
- Leave "User identity" selected to the default option.
- Then click "Save" in the navigation bar.
- To connect to the VPN simply click on the VPN connection.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up Voxior VPN on your Android device.