- If you haven’t successfully set-up 1Home and your favorite Smart Assistant (Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Siri), click here for instructions on how to do it
Virtual scenes can be a great way of combining different devices, turning them ON/OFF or setting the percentage with one simple command. In this article we are going to turn all the lights in Lucy’s Bedroom ON and then OFF.
- Open the 1Home App, click on Devices, and select the top-right green Button called “Create new scene”
2. Enter the name of your device where the text says “Friendly name”. Let’s call it “Lucy’s Room” Note: If you use Google Home, you can set an alternative Name, called Nickname. We’ll use the Nickname “Small Bedroom”
3. Please click on the drop down menu called Room and select “Lucy’s Bedroom”. This will show your virtual scene in the “Lucy’s Bedroom” section. If you would change it to something else, you can also use for example “Other”
4. Set the Type to “Scene”:
Different types of scenes:
Let’s look at the different Types you can choose here:
- Lights: Allows you to turn multiple devices ON, OFF and to Set the percentage. With this type you can set a group of lights to a specific percentage (e.g. you would say: “Alexa, set Lucy’s room to 30%” and then turn all the lights to 30%)
- Switch: Virtual switches are useful for renaming scenes created on your Smart Server. With a Virtual Switch you can define 1 action executed on both ON and OFF commands. You can also Set the percentage to blinds. This way you can set specific percentage to each blind ( e.g. the left blinds to 20%). At the end you can say “Alexa, turn on Lucy’s Room” and it would invoke that action and set the defined percentage. If you would like to use multiple devices, we suggest creating a Virtual Scene.
- Scene: A virtual scene allows you to combine and control multiple devices with one command. You can turn a scene ON, OFF or Set the percentage to multiple blinds or lights (e.g. set the left blind to 20% and the right one to 40%)
5. Go to the “On” section and please click on the green plus sign. The “On” Section defines what will happen, when you say “Turn on Lucy’s Room”
- For the Room select “Lucy’s Bedroom”, select Device “Lucy’s Bedroom Light” and command “Turn on”.
- Click on the green plus (+) sign to add other devices
- For the Room select “Lucy’s Bedroom”, select Device “Lucy’s Bedroom Dimmer” and command “Turn on”
6. Please go to the “OFF” section and click on the green plus sign
- For the Room select “Lucy’s Bedroom”, select Device “Lucy’s Bedroom Light” and command “Turn off”.
- Click on the green plus sign to add other devices
- For the Room select “Lucy’s Bedroom”, select Device “Lucy’s Bedroom Dimmer” and command “Turn off”
When you’re finished you should have a virtual scene with the following configuration:
7. Click Save, to save your newly created Virtual Scene. You can find it under “Device Types: Scenes” in the Lucy’s Bedroom section
Congratulations, now you can use this scene with your KNX, Loxone, Gira and other Smart Servers!
- If you’re looking for the step-by-step instructions, please read our How to create typical Smart Home scenes
- If you’re looking for voice commands, have a look at our 1Home Voice collection, with commands for blinds, lights, thermostats, switches and scenes.