- Welcome to the 1Home Help Center. You are on the page dedicated to Siri / HomeKit. If you would like to know more about other available Voice Assistants please visit 1Home Cloud and 1Home Box. For different gateways visit Supported Gateways.
1. 1Home - Frequently asked questions
What does 1Home Voice Control do?
1Home allows you to connect your favourite Smart Assistants:
- Amazon Alexa,
- Google Assistant and
- Apple Siri (in Beta),
with your Smart Home:
- Gira X1 & HomeServer,
- Loxone Miniserver,
- Theben LUXORLiving IP1,
- Divus KNX server,
- Weinzierl BAOS 777,
- IPAS HCC,
- as well as any KNX IP interface.
How can I start with Voice Control?
You can try out Voice control free of charge instantly:
- Start your free trial in the 1Home App,
- Connect with your Smart Home,
- Rename and enable/disable devices,
- Set-up your Smart Assistant.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to start using Voice Control.
Can I, as a less technical user, do the setup myself?
1Home is simple to use and fast to set-up. Setting it up is as simple as copying text from your Smart Home mobile app to our 1Home App and clicking Save. 1Home takes care of the rest.
2. 1Home and Siri / HomeKit - Frequently asked questions
What are the smart home commands I can use with Siri?
You can find a comprehensive list of commands for lights, blinds, switches and thermostats in our 1Home Cloud and 1Home Box Help section.
Here is a short list of commands available per device type:
- Hey Siri, turn kitchen light on/off
- Hey Siri, set living room light to 50%
- Hey Siri, dim/brighten living room light
- Hey Siri, dim/brighten living room light by 50%
- Hey Siri, turn on/off lights in bedroom
- Hey Siri, turn on/off all of the lights
Availability of the dimming commands is dependant on whether the light supports dimming or not.
You can also query the status of the light:
- “Hey Siri, is the kitchen light on/off?
- "Hey Siri, turn on/off wellness floor heating"
You can also ask about the device status:
- "Hey Siri, is the wellness floor heating on/off?"
- Hey Siri, activate/deactivate party mode
- Hey Siri, turn on/off party mode
- Hey Siri, set the temperature to 22
- Hey Siri, set the kitchen thermostat to 22 degrees.
- Hey Siri, make it warmer/cooler
- Hey Siri, raise/lower the temp in the living room
- Hey Siri raise/lower the temperature of living room thermostat
- Hey Siri, raise/lower the temperature by 2 degrees
- Hey Siri, raise/lower the temperature of living room thermostat by 2 degrees
- Hey Siri, turn on the heat/cooling”*
- Hey Siri, make it warmer/cooler in the dining room"*
- Hey Siri, set the heat/air conditioning to 22
* Please note: This command changes the mode to auto heat/cool mode. In order for this command to work, the Smart home has to support auto mode.
You can also ask about the temperature:
- Hey Siri, what is the temperature inside?
- Hey Siri, what’s the bathroom thermostat set to?
- Hey Siri, living room blinds up
- Hey Siri, living room blinds down
- Hey Siri, set kitchen blinds to 50%
- Hey Siri, increase/decrease bedroom blinds by 50%
You can ask about if the blinds are up/down:
- Are the living room blinds up/down?
Availability of the positional commands is dependent on whether the blind supports positional settings.
Some of the users mentioned, they would like to change the way the ON/OFF commands work for the blinds. Currently your blinds will open, when you say "Hey Siri, <blind> up" and close when you say "Hey Siri, <blind> down". You can click “Invert Open/Close commands” to change this behavior.
If you want to use the “room commands” we suggest organizing rooms in the Home App and adding specific devices to these rooms. You can even group rooms into zones, for example upstairs/downstairs.
To create a room:
- Tap the rooms tab and the menu icon in the upper-left corner
- Tap Room settings and Add Room
- Name the room, modify it and save it
To add devices to a room:
- Open the Home App and click the Home Tab or the Rooms tab
- Touch and hold a device
- Tap Details > Room and select a room for the specific device
Find out more about creating rooms, adding devices and managing zones here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893#room
To create an even simpler voice command, you can create a scene in the Home App. With a scene you can control multiple devices. You can trigger the scene by tapping it in the Home App or by asking Siri to launch it. Find out more about creating scenes by following this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893#scene
What HomeKit devices will work with 1Home?
Any HomeKit compatible device will do. You can use HomePod, Apple TV and the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch with the Home App and other HomeKit compatible devices.
Can I use 1Home also with my phone or computer?
Sure! You can use the Home App for iOS with Siri. You can now press and hold the Home or Side button to open Siri and use your voice to ask it to control your smart home, play music, answer questions or check weather.
You can also use Siri without pressing a button, turn “Hey Siri” on in the Settings then tap Siri & Search > Listen for "Hey Siri."
How do I configure HomePod?
Please follow the instructions to Set up and use HomePod.
How do I install the 1Home skill on the HomeKit?
Setting up 1Home & Voice control is incredibly easy and only takes a few minutes to finish. Please follow our Instructions for setting up Apple HomeKit with Voxior.
I connected 1Home with my smart home gateway and I can see the devices in the 1Home dashboard but I do not see them in the Home app. What can I do?
Open the 1Home App and login. The open the tab “Devices” and click the button in the right sidebar “Sync devices with HomeKit”. You can check the Logs, to see if the devices were successfully synced.
A device was renamed in the 1Home dashboard but I still see the old name in the Home app. How can I change the name of the device in the Home app?
Go to the 1Home App and click the button “Sync devices with HomeKit”. After about 20 seconds then HomeKit devices will be updated. Open the Home App to see the changes.
Siri does not understand my commands. What can I do?
I need help with setting a HomeKit accessory/device. Where can I find more information?
Can I use more than one Smart Assistant type with 1Home? Amazon Alexa or Google Home together with Apple Siri?
Of course you can! Please read our Article about Linking Google Home and Amazon Alexa in 1Home for a step by step guide.
- Find out more about 1Home Cloud and Box Voice Control on our website